Saturday, October 23, 2010

PE4_My Big Campus

Want to engage students more? Provide differentiated
BMC Home Page
 learning? Prepare them for responsible use of 21st century tools? Or maybe create some professional learning communities?”

Well, who doesn’t?  This is the opener of the “About My Big Campus” page of a new tool made available by my district.  My Big Campus allows teachers and students to access internet stuff that might otherwise be blocked by district filters, collaborate using Web 2.0 tools, create libraries of their own stuff and access libraries created by others, upload docs for students to view, and manage classroom activities online.  My first look-through shows a wealth of tools and tutorials, as well as a very interactive entity known as  Big Campus Bob, the deep, 
Bob's Wall
smooth, velvety,voice of My Big Campus.”  
Bob  has a wall where he answers  
questions, presently ranging from 
“Is there a way to see all of my 
 student’s [sic—and grrrr!] grades 
 at once?” to “Is Bob Campus your 
 real name?”


 
Conveniently, my district is making this available, and our Tech Queen will soon be doing training on how to make the most of it for the entire faculty.  But I don’t want to wait! The whole site looks very engaging and easy-to-use, and I am hoping it will be the effective organizational tool I’m looking for to help me efficiently manage my newly 21st Century classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment